Friday, February 22, 2008

Updates

Happy new year!!

It's a brand new year and gosh... it's almost a year ago since I last wrote in my blog! Nearly forgot I had a blog until Wendy keep pestering me to update it. Haha.. :D

Well, alot of things had happened.. (again.. coz the world is indeed changing REAL fast. Especially when it's almost a year!).

First of all, I got a new guitar (the yamaha guitar is now considered "old" already.. hahaha :D). It's a Simon & Patrick guit with a nice pick-up & EQ at the side! When you play on it.. MAN.. it really draws heaven down! hehhe :)Been playing for JAMS church for quite a while now. Recently I've been asked to play for their prayer meeting and even had the privilege of being the MD (music director)for a few occassions! It's a mind blowing occassion where you need to be sensitive to the flow (although all musicians need to be) and lead the rest of the musicians. Still learning from the rest though and indeed, it's a never ending learning experience!

Like what Bro Poh had shared with us, we need to be a moving target where we always seek to improve and challenge our own self all the time! The greatest enemy and obstacle to success is not always the people around you but it's you yourself! Many people like to play the 'blame' game when things don't go the way they want it to be. I had a revelation that day.. I was complaining within myself about how good it will be if only my company could operate in certain way and my staff would react according to what I've expected etc.. the more I thought of it, the more frustrated I became.. then suddenly, I felt prompted to turn the arrow around and point at myself! I started to think how I can do better so that others are blessed by it, asking myself whether am I a good manager to my staff, did I plan and execute the tasks on hand efficiently.. Now, the more I thought of this, the more peace and happy I became! At the end of it, I started praising God and prayed for more strength and wisdom to be a better contributor to my company and society! Imagine how much impact that is just by changing the way we think!

The bible always talks about "renewing our mind". Alot of things in life can be conquered just by renewing and changing the way we look at things or circumstances in life. Some people even thought of losing their memory to become happy or at peace when circumstances in life becomes a burden too heavy for them to carry. Well, not all people can lose their memory as and when they want to... but pastor always said that God always uses what we've experience to turn it around for good! :)

So much to talk about on this.. almost could preach le.. hahaha :)

Oh ya.. I also got my license in Nov 2007. Now I've been driving quite a while already. hehe.. I bought a Hyundai Avante the day after I passed my license! So exciting! I remember the day I went to test drive at different show rooms. The sales person who sat beside me in the car was so nervous! hahaha :D When I passed them my temporary license (coz I just passed), I can almost see their face turn white! hehehe.. so funny! :D

Then after I placed the order, I purposely kept it a secret from all my closer friends.. (wah.. very sin ku to tahan when I'm so excited!!). I've to act normal when I'm bursting with excitement on the inside of me.. till that very day I collected my car! I remember I was having in-camp training when my agent sms me that my car is ready for collection. Coz I've been smsing him when I can collect.. and almost became a reminder notice for him.. :P Then immediately that day when we had nights off, I rushed a cab down to the show room and drove it home myself (not knowing the road home... muahahaha). However, by God's grace, amazingly I just reached home just by following the traffic flow.. hehe :) My agent did tell me the directions but being a visual person, I don't understand what is he talking about.. :p hehe.. He asked me whether I understand and being very excited to drive my new car, I said "yeah yeah yeah... obviously not really listening to him :P. End up, I depended on my instincts and God to direct me instead.. hahahaha :D

Now working as sales and management in company now. It's a new field and lots to learn. But real exciting! :D

Stay tuned for next episode.. who knows when? hahaha :D

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

alamak....i bug ah....keep pesterin u....must pester u more so can read more updates....

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home