Thursday, June 23, 2005

Open doors!!


The Golden Lamp stand (Lantern festival version)

Been quite a tiring week for me so far.. This week, for the first time, i was asked to play for bible study class (CIC) at bible house!! So excited! :) I kept practicing all the songs and for the first time, i could memorize all the chords for both the songs! Amazing coz never done that before! :) When the actual thing approaches, i actually lost my way and ended at bayview hotel instead.. then i start to panick and called my friend for direction and he also tell me not sure. Finally, i called mingyao. Then he told me the rough guide confidently and halfway through, he said he'll call me back coz he need to think how to tell me!! Helpless, i put down the phone and continued walking the direction by faith from where the conversation stopped. And THANK GOD!! The place is just straight ahead!:D

I was left with only a little time left for sound check and everything and when i got there, the song leader was yet to be seen. So I quickly got everything set and thank God i made it in time! :) When the song leader arrived, he asked me one very surprising question... "what songs are we singing today?". I was stunned... my mind suddenly went blank as i struggled to find all the lyrics from my memory bank. He was also very surprised that i am playing for BS for the first time.. :P Played a few chords and couldn't flow really well but however, i was relieved when he prayed and said that the presence of God was in the place. Whiew.. that was a close one.

Like the bible says, what really matters is not about our skills or the performance... what matters is God. I was there to serve as a servant of God, as an usher for His presence to come into the room to fill us and to stay with us throughout the session. Though skills are required for performance but the ultimate focus is that it is a session unto Him! We must always decrease while He must always increase and glorified!

Though I must admit I was too nervous for this session but it was a breakthrough as well as a great experience for me! :)

There's alot of open doors opening in my life right now at this moment.. for example, i received smses asking whether i can play for funeral services, CGs and even more amazing, DIALECT MINISTRY!! :) Really praying right now for wisdom to guide me into the right path.. though good ideas are wonderful, it's God's ideas that will see us through! :)

As for the current focus in my life, my next step is to become a good teacher who can educate as well as impact the next generation! I believe that this is what God has called me to do (going into the market place) in my life.

Overall, a tiring week but a very fruitful one!! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home